Just five of us Viv, Judith J, Michael Stephenson, Marion Rook, John Launder
We had more of a chat than a meeting assessing what we had learnt – we were all very pleased with how the meeting had gone and the response that we got.
- for the cost and effort – posters and leaflets were expensive and time consuming with minimal results, but we still feel we need posters just strategically placed (libraries, meeting places etc) and members taking responsibility for a few in their areas. Leaflets – no random posting but useful when people choose to take them.
- Craven Herald – very disappointing. Must get articles in 2 weeks in advance to promote meetings
- social media was the most effective, 38 Degrees emailing everyone in the vicinity including Colne etc, emailing the unions etc and inviting/ talking about it with friends & sharing on FB
2. Keeping the audience
- Get speakers to avoid acronyms
- mid way breaks – some people leave
- testimony good – Dr W liked it too
3. Action Days
- Melanie and I had a good couple of hours in Barnoldswick
- Settle Sat – Judith and Mel definitely going
4. Next meeting
- need to discuss organisation – money/treasurer, secretary, chair ???
- need to discuss direction/topics
- best times seem to be Sun am for normal meetings, Sat afternoons for larger meets
- We need a big meeting similar to our January one.
- date to be agreed
5. John has email list from Dr Wrigley meet to give to Viv.